First day of the internship...really had no idea what to expect, and probably this was the best way of experiencing it as I was in for something I would have never expected. First off, had to run down the newsagency to grab the newspaper and collect the mail. Then went around the gallery for the safety induction which was very thorough and the owner pointed out all the fire exits, etc.
Then after getting all the paperwork I had to do some arranging of paintings onto racks split into the owner's collection and those to be returned to the artist. This took a few hours until I was summoned to set up for lunch as the owner had a big lunch on with a couple of the artists. Apparently this happens every Thursday and I would have to keep this in mind that it will eat into a lot of time required for other tasks. Unfortunately on this day of all days the lift broke down with the ice for the drinks inside and we had to make a quick mercy dash to the bottle-o to retrieve some more ice.
As you can see, nothing is predictable. For the rest of the day, I revolved around cleaning up after the lunch, entering new collections onto the gallery website and placing posters of previous shows into frames.
The owner has gone to Brisbane this weekend and he had told me how to set up and close the gallery. Well, tomorrow will be a lot quieter with spending more time on the floor and assisting customers with their enquiries. The fun continues......
Then after getting all the paperwork I had to do some arranging of paintings onto racks split into the owner's collection and those to be returned to the artist. This took a few hours until I was summoned to set up for lunch as the owner had a big lunch on with a couple of the artists. Apparently this happens every Thursday and I would have to keep this in mind that it will eat into a lot of time required for other tasks. Unfortunately on this day of all days the lift broke down with the ice for the drinks inside and we had to make a quick mercy dash to the bottle-o to retrieve some more ice.
As you can see, nothing is predictable. For the rest of the day, I revolved around cleaning up after the lunch, entering new collections onto the gallery website and placing posters of previous shows into frames.
The owner has gone to Brisbane this weekend and he had told me how to set up and close the gallery. Well, tomorrow will be a lot quieter with spending more time on the floor and assisting customers with their enquiries. The fun continues......
No comments:
Post a Comment