Thursday, 14 June 2012

The beginning

Hello people! My first post and my internship starts next Thursday I am so excited after sending thousands of emails across the country to all sorts of galleries, public and private, big and small and finally I landed a placement after walking right into a gallery, calling them the next day and I find out they have a place open on Thursday and Fridays whilst one of their staff is overseas.

I get an email back, walk into the gallery and have a chat with the owner and he seemed impressed about this course and all of my previous experience and hires me on the spot. I have never had anything offered to me so easily like that. I was chuffed.

He had taken me up to the storage room and explained to me that I will mainly be doing the hands on stuff which I love and will perfectly balance out my sedentary office job the other 3 days, drilling, hanging and shifting and maybe some canvas stretching which I haven't done in over 5 years or so.

I also discussed him the topic of my research paper on the necessity for Blockbuster Exhibitions and agreed with me on their existence is necessary for the arts to survive in Australia. I was so pleased by all this it seems like everything is in place.

We'll see how we go after my next blog post after Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Hope you get to go to one of those famous lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You must be so happy. It's great to see something like this happen in such a difficult industry to crack, so well done.

    ReplyDelete